Thursday, April 06, 2006

It doesn't matter where you go....

I have found...... that it really doesn't matter where you go to school..... for the Financial Aid department to screw up your aid. I recently applied and got accepted into the graduate program at Northern Illinois University.

I thought after leaving the halls of a Florida A&M University, notorious for fucking up peoples aid, HBCU-Historically Black College/University, that I would be done with the days of administrators losing my information. I was very off target with that assumption. I recently found out that I had to resubmit alot of my tax information for the summer, because they used all the information tagged summer, and inputed that for my fall classes that I have not even signed up for yet. So, what about the summer....? Isn't that the most important thing right now...since classes start in about a month. I live in Florida and can't just drive over to the campus.

I had to laugh at this though,...... when the financial aid person, who was very helpful, told me this information. She said, "I really don't know what happened here and that we will take care of it ASAP" -Financial aid person ( in a very nice midwest accent)

I believe, it really doesn't matter if you go to a HBCU or a PWC-Predominantly White College, for financial aid to fuck something up. I am still very excited about going to school at NIU. I won't let anyone steal my thunder. I pray that this all gets resolved in a timely matter. I have some really great administrators working on my behalf (Dr. Blickhan, Mr. Perkins, Mr. Ron Carter). So,.... I know it will all work out. God Bless & Peace!

No comments: