Monday, April 10, 2006

The big 30.....

I have been kinda avoiding this topic the last couple of weeks, but slow and surely it is inevitable. The passage of time is not something that you can halted and I don't really think that you would want to. I know friends who say that they would want to freeze frame their childs development at 7 or 9 years of age. I hate to think that I would be responsible for clothing and watching someone for the rest of their life like a ...child. I like everyone on earth need....progress. The passage of time is progress in your development...aka....maturity. I didn't like Bitches Brew when I was 18, but I get it now! Times change and hopefully we do for the better. For all attempts and purposes, I might be in the middle of my life span, hopefully not quite yet, but I could very well be. I must think that I have become a better person, human, musician, student, etc... all rolled up into one being called Jarritt Ahmed Sheel.

30 is a big number. I will never be 7, 12, 18, 20, 21, 25, nor 29 ever again. I think that this is a wonderful thing that is happening, scary, but cool. I have been thinking about all the things that I have learned and cataloged throughout my past and the great amount of things that I will experience over the remainder of my lifetime. I have seen the laser disc, record, tape, VCR, Beta and pretty much the portable CD player go out of style and be replaced with bigger, smaller, and better things. Maybe not better, but more reliable devices. That really is what change is about. It is not about changing the machine but making the mechanism better. Upgrade it! I hopefully have been upgrading all my life, even through the bad times. I recently bought a new electric guitar, and will being learning it this next week. I look foward to doing that since that has been a life long goal of mine. I must be aware of my limitations and also aware of my greater potetential. That is what a great deal of life in my eyes is about. Not looking foward to the lost but the victory. Adversity is inevitable, but in the words of man Martin Luther King..." We Shall Overcome someday"

Peace and blessings from God!

No comments: