Sunday, April 02, 2006

Friends and the Spreading Darkness.......

I recently was hanging out with my friend Edward Sunday, after watching Alvin Ailey. Ailey by the way was off the chain. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see the company again soon. Anyways....I got a chance to hang out with a old friend of mine and watched Dave Chappelle season two.

Darkness is spreading comes from the Chappelle show season two, but between you and I, we started using that phrase to describe funny events going on around us. Rick James ......was funny as hell. I can't explain to you how much I laughed the first 20 times I watched the episode. The darkness though is something that made it even funnier. Darkness is; the apparent lack of light and humor in a situation. I think that this a pretty firm grasp of the situation.

Life is a big mixture of Light and dark moments. That is the assumption that I am under and if there were no dark moments then there would never be any light ones. I appreciate all the hard times that I encounter, because they make me feel so appreciative of the great times. Graduate school is a light, bills are dark....etc...I think you got it though. So, we started making the darkness light , like most people of color do with a bad situation. We made it a turn around situation. One in which we make the bad phrase a better one. Darkness will forever be dark but the phrase is as funny as hell...LOL.

No comments: