Friday, June 23, 2006

Corinne Bailey Rae: Hot new british songtress

I rarely cosign on a review by some balding guy hunched over a desk in the middle of the midwest or new york, but I must affirm the fact that this young lady is the new hottness eminating from the land across the Bigg Water=Atlantic (England...cherri-oo). I actually, true story ..., recieved a ad from Borders today, yeah I am a book club fan...I read,...so! Anyways, I saw this very beautiful (gorgeous,...and I would love to kick it with her) young lady on this the flyer in the music section and thought I should google her name, ......come on you never did it before...whatever..., and see what comes of it. I immediately got her website information, and clicked on it. I actually really liked the website, so shouts out to the designer, and everything on the site really seems to point to the fact that she is a great new voice out there. Grant it, I am not saying that she has invented the wheel or discovered fire, but different and refreshing she is! I listened to all the tracks available on the site and read her bio and was impressed.
I love Erykah, Jill, Joss Stone, Amiel, Mary, Chaka, and the list goes on and on, but this young lady has something special, unique that draws you into her and makes you want to listen to the rest of the lyrics. This is a unique talent that not many singers/composers have, and yes she writes her own music, the ability to emphasize the lyrics. I guess that comes from the fact that she has a degree in B.S. English from Leeds university, yeah she is Edumakated...lol. As a member of the listening public, I must admit that 80% (made up stat) listening to music can only "hear" on one level, and that is the melody or a particular sound (instrument). Corinne has found her voice, and that really is what makes you hear it all, because she has more than just an idea of what she wants to say. She knows how to say it to you! Her voice is pure and just like her comments about her music,

"a little bit of everything: it's chilled out, acoustic, kooky, atmospheric and soulful. I'd also be tempted to say it comes from a very organic place, but that would sound pretentious, so I won't."
-Corinne Bailey Rae

this young lady is bound to be a success if she keeps writing great tunes and stys true to her roots. this one is a winner you'll. So, make sure you go out and buy the CD or better yet visit her site and download it for 8 dollars! Support good music, and visit her site at..........
http://www.corinnebaileyrae.net/


Sincerely,

(Signature here)

Jarritt A. Sheel
Chairman, CEO, President

No comments: