Thursday, January 02, 2014

2014

As this wonderful year begins, I was reminded by my mother of the promises I wrote down in a high school year book almost twenty years ago. I visited my family during the holiday season, during my break from graduate school between fall and spring semesters. I happen to go over to my mothers's house, were she asked me whether or not I remembered writing something about becoming a professor in a year book almost twenty years ago? I laughed, and said "I don't remember even buying a year book to begin with.." I saw that I had written many things down, and among them I mentioned having a family, being a good husband, playing music, and being a professor at a major institution. It is funny the things we see as dreams in our youth, that later become realities. I was happy that she reminded me of the challenges I've overcome along with the creative spirit that has always been with me. 2014 is  potent and brimming over with dynamic positive changes that will take place in the coming months. I never ever thought, in my childhood, that I would be getting my advance terminal degree in Music Education from Teachers College, Columbia University. I am honored by the opportunity that the Lord has given me. It is nothing short of the grace of God, along with his unmerited favor. We are excited to continue moving forward in our life here in New York! I love the "Boogie Down Bronx", and pray that my research into hip-hop music education is able to help the people here as well as those throughout NYC. 2013 was so dynamic, but 2014 is going to be beyond BANANAS!!! Wait and see
Proverbs 3:5-7 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct[a] your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil."
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

No comments: